|Minty with his marvellous collection of Smiths vinyl.|
Every sensitive soul since 1983 has spent at least some time obsessed with The Smiths. We all know their songs. If you can sing along to their big hits, their small hits, their B-sides and the less well-known album tracks, then you will do well at this quiz. But how well?
Name the songs that these lyrics come from. Seven out of ten will be a great score! I shall post the answers in the comments area next week.
1. Belligerent ghouls run Manchester schools.
2. I broke in to the palace with a sponge and a rusty spanner.
3. Please the press in Belgium.
4. Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear.
5. I'd leap in front of a flying bullet for you.
6. "He never really looks at me, I give him every opportunity"
7. I want to catch something that I might be ashamed of.
8. I'd like to drop my trousers to the Queen. Every sensible child will know what this means.
9. I know the windswept mystical air, it means I'd like to see your underwear.
10. I'm going to meet the one I love, at last, at last, at last.